- This event has passed.
Upcycling Workshop 2-6 Dec 2017 – with Ramawtar Singh
December 2, 2017 - December 6, 2017
2nd December (Saturday) 5 pm to 6th December (Wednesday) 10 am, 2017
Participants can arrive earlier or leave later if they wish.
Please arrive by 5 pm on December 2.
Age group: 4-94, adults, parents, grandparents and kids all included.
The facilitator, Ramawtar Singh, is a person of many talents which he has acquired experientially. I have been trying to get him to Sapna Ranch for the past two and a half years. He is finally coming. So I suggest that anyone who can make it to this workshop should do so. He is a perfect candidate to be a guide at EBHLE.
Some of the activities planned are:
- Making paper mache face masks which can be used for making puppets
- Making jewelry from seeds
- Making Natural Soap
- Making Tie and Dye design on cloth
- Self-sustainable living in a community sharing lifestyle
- Making a dream catcher (if time permits)
- Screening inspirational documentaries
- Baking pizzas and bread in a large wood-fired oven
- Using Himalayan Rocket chulha
- Take home one item you built during the workshop.
- Increased self-reliance
- Learn essential hands-on skills
Expectation from Attendees
- Good sense of humour
- Come with zero expectations
- Open mind for learning
Fees and Participation
Our cost for living expenses and materials procured for workshop comes to around Rs. 400 per person per day. Therefore our cost per person for the entire 4-day workshop, including all meals and basic accommodation, is Rs. 1,500.
As a gesture of practicing gift culture, we would like to accommodate everyone in this workshop : those who can afford and who cannot afford it. However, we need your help in this humanitarian endeavor. We are keeping 4 categories for participants:
- I will pay Rs. 1,500 per person
- I will pay Rs. 2,250 per person, which includes Rs. 1,500 for myself and Rs. 750 to partially support one more person
- I will pay Rs. 3,000 per person, which includes Rs. 1,500 for myself and Rs. 1,500 to fully support one more person
- I am unable to fund my participation : Please contact us, and we will make efforts to accommodate you.
Payment can be made in advance via online wire transfer, click here for account details. Or you can pay by cash or cheque on arriving at the ranch.
Disclaimer : All registrations will be approved on a first-come first-served basis. Ability to pay will not have any weightage in that decision making.
We are limiting number of participants to 30. To avoid any disappointment, in case the registrations get filled up, please register at the earliest.