- This event has passed.
Summer Workshop One 13-19 May 2018
May 13, 2018 - May 19, 2018
13th May (Sunday) 7 am to 19th May (Saturday) 10 am, 2018
Participants are expected to arrive by 5 pm on 12th May or earlier.
Age group: 4-94, adults, parents, grandparents and kids all included.
Some of the activities planned are:
Activities Unique to this Summer Workshop One
- Up-cycling Coconut Leaves
- Making a dreamcatcher
Common Activities to Summer Workshops One and Two
- Star gazing night with telescope on14th May
- Baking pizzas and bread in a large wood-fired oven
- awareness of innovative sustainability activities implemented at Sapna Ranch – geodesic dome, geometry dome, bamboo based furniture, solar water heater, geothermal, parabolic solar cooker, vertical axis wind turbine, solar PV cell, multipurpose pond
- Self-sustainable living in a community sharing lifestyle
- Making models with toothpicks and cycle valve tube
- Making a model of a vertical-axis wind turbine
- Playing games like Mulki, Contact, Got-it etc
- Building a real life geometry dome
- Screening inspirational documentaries
- Building bamboo furniture
- Completing and living in the hypar (hyperbolic paraboloid)
- Making and using Himalayan Rocket chulha
- Doing organic farming
- Building a food forest
- Take home one item you built during the workshop.
- Increased self-reliance
- Learn essential hands-on skills
Expectation from Attendees
- Good sense of humour
- Come with zero expectations
- Open mind for learning
Fees and Participation
Our cost for accommodation and food expenses, materials procured for workshop and payments to be made to experts (travel and some gratitude) comes to around Rs.1.000 per person per day. Therefore our cost per person for the entire 5-day (not counting last day) workshop is Rs.5,000.
As a gesture of practicing gift culture, we would like to accommodate everyone in this workshop : those who can afford and those who cannot afford it. However, we need your help in this humanitarian endeavor. We are keeping 4 categories for participants:
- I will pay Rs. 5,000 per person
- I will pay Rs.7,500 per person, which includes Rs. 5,000 for myself and Rs.2,500 to partially support one more person
- I will pay Rs. 10,000 per person, which includes Rs. 5,000 for myself and Rs. 5,000 to fully support one more person
- I am unable to fund my participation : Please contact us, and we will make efforts to accommodate you.
Payment can be made in advance via online wire transfer, click here for account details. Or you can pay by cash or cheque on arriving at the ranch.
Disclaimer : All registrations will be approved on a first-come first-serve basis. Ability to pay will not have any weightage in that decision making.
We are limiting number of participants to 45. In the previous summer workshop, we got over 70 registrations and as a special gesture, we accommodated 50 and the rest had to be declined. So please register at the earliest.