- This event has passed.
Monsoon Planting Workhop
July 15, 2017 - July 16, 2017
The workshop will be facilitated by Deepa Kamath, a permaculture practitioner and engineer in biotechnology. The mapping, planning of what needs to be planted has already been done and a lot of saplings are ready.
Please get your rain gear, warm clothing, torch, water bottle, tea mug, medicine if applicable. Note that all structures are eco-friendly bamboo based and do leak in the rain. But all sleeping and gathering areas are dry.
The workshop is from Saturday July 15th morning to July 16th 2017 (Saturday-Sunday)
Participants can arrive earlier and/or leave later if they wish. See the Directions page for travel info.
Expectation from Attendees
- Good sense of humour
- Come with zero expectations
- Open mind for learning
Based on gift culture to cover expenses for the event. Expenses are Rs. 400/per person/day to cover expenses for planting accessories, food and accommodation. We will not be collecting money from anyone. Those who would like to contribute can do so in the gift box which will be placed in one corner of the event area. No one is going to check who contributed and who did not. So whether you can pay for the event or not just come over and enjoy the experience.
Who can Participate
- Anyone in the age group 4 to 94.
- Every participant will get to plant at least one long lasting tree and will have the option to assign their name on it. That tree/s will have your identity.
- People who enjoy being in the rain, getting their hands dirty and mud wrestling (just kidding on the last one).
- Participants can get their own plants as well.