We recommend either to take the Bus or Drive down from Mumbai or Pune.
For those who prefer to flydown flap you arms, lift your legs, once you’re airborne, look for some crazy bamboo constructions. A sight which has both a Bamboo Geodesic Dome and a Bamboo Geometry Dome. You’re allowed to crash land on the Banana Farm 🙂
This is ensure you don’t leave your sense of humour behind. 🙂
We recommend that you leave for the farm in the morning to ensure you get to the farm in the day time as navigating in the dark could be a challenge.
Short link to Sapna Ranch on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/TB5JFAcCkoN2
Plus-code : 7J9MX8HR+57 (type this into google maps app and it will point to the exact location : it will work even without an internet connection.)
Directions from Mumbai
- Get to Panvel Bus Station. The distance to the farm from Panvel is about 160 km & will take about 5 hours.
- Take a bus headed to Mandangad
- Take a ticket to Shenale which is 8 km before Mandangad
- Get off at Shenale
- Take a Rickshaw (3 wheeler) to Hasmukh’s Farm. This distance is 6km to the farm and the fare is Rs. 150 as of March 2017
Here is a link to google map directions from Chemur, Mumbai to Sapna Ranch that keeps to the main roads: https://goo.gl/maps/fQFbePVuy8U2
- You can use the Mumbai-Pune Expressway (NH4) which is 190 km or the Mumbai-Goa Highway (NH17) which is 180 km
- The Mumbai-Pune Expressway is faster even though it is 10 km more because of the average speed is higher
- Use Google Maps and enter “Mangaon”, “Goregaon, Maharashtra”, “Shenale” and then “Sapna Ranch” as the destination on your phone for directions, but make sure you have a Phone Car Charger to ensure you don’t run out of battery when you need it most, i.e. towards the end of the journey 🙂 You might not get internet coverage from Shenale.
- The Journey time including a half hour food break is about 5 hours
Directions from Pune
- Get to Swargate Bus Station. The distance to the farm from Swargate is about 160 km & will take about 5 hours.
- Take a bus headed to Mandangad via Mangaon, or any bus going to Mangaon and change there for Mandangad.
- Get down at Shenale which is 8 km before Mandangad (ask the conductor to inform you when it comes)
- Take a Rickshaw (3 wheeler) to Hasmukh’s Farm. This distance is 6km to the farm and the fare is Rs. 150 as of July 2015
Here is a link to google map directions from Chandni Chowk, Pune to Sapna Ranch that keeps to the main roads: https://goo.gl/maps/jpr4xFLzzH22
- Take the Tamhini Ghat road which connects you to NH17 at Mangaon
- Use Google Maps and enter “Sapna Ranch” as the destination on your phone for directions, but make sure you have a Phone Car Charger to ensure you don’t run out of battery when you need it most, i.e. towards the end of the journey 🙂
- The Journey time including a 1 hour food break is about 5 hours
Driving down from Shenale
- Here is a GPS trace showing a motorbike’s speed along the route from Shenale stop to Sapna Ranch.
- It’s a 6km bumpy road into the countryside with beautiful views and steep slopes and sharp turns. Time: 15~20 mins.
- There are a few rough patches with loose rocks that are best navigated slowly, in first or second gear. See the GPS trace, the parts in yellow and red are where you have to really slow down and be careful.
- Depend more on your vehicle’s lower gears rather than brakes to control your speed. Especially when the road has loose rocks or on downward slopes (or both!). Avoid coasting on neutral.
- If a large vehicle comes from the other direction and the road is too narrow to pass, then turn around and drive back a bit, find a side lane or clearing, park on the side and allow the vehicle to pass.
Reaching from Mandangad
You might reach Mandangad – either due to being in a bus that didn’t stop by Shenale or missing the Shenale stop or whatever. No worries, it’s just a short hop from Shenale.
Bus: Get on board any bus going towards Mumbai or Pune – they will take the main highway going back and Shenale is just 10 mins ahead.
Auto: Hire any auto from the market to Shenale. Should cost Rs.100 to 150.
Then from Shenale, take another auto for Rs.150 to Hasmukh’s farm.